The church was restored
in 1864, and again in the
and a south arcade are Early English Gothic
From the chancel arch
used to hang a maiden's funeral garlandand
gloves cut out of white paper, a memorial to Mary Hill, a girl who died
in 1814 as a result of an accident whilst ringing one of the bells.
These are now encased for protection and display, and a replica has been
made to hang in the church.
to History Index | Return to Church
The organ is a one manual
organ by Joseph Walker, made in 1851 and placed in this church in 1869.
It is now in a Neo-Gothic case, probably since 1889 when the organ chamber
was built. The organ pipes are painted
in a highly decorative pattern.