Lincolnshire Village
SPRINGTHORPE
 '
Postal Services in Springthorpe

SPRINGTHORPE POST OFFICE 
  • From 1892 a wall box was provided with mail being collected at 3.50pm. 
  • By 1896 Nehemiah Pike Subpostmaster and Joiner. 
  • By 1901 Charles Lidgett, 
  • By 1905 Miss Alice Minnitt
  • By 1909 Charles Stephenson. 
  • In 1910 the site of the Post Office was on the North Side of Hill Road in the second door from the West end, now No. 9.
  • By 1911 Mrs Sarah Baxter was appointed and she was the last Subpostmistress. 
  • Shortly after that date a post box was mounted on a post at the first bend in the road from Heapham to Springthorpe
Rural Postal Services -- a case study in our area by The Post Office
 RETURN TO HISTORY INDEX  |  RETURN TO VILLAGE TOUR